A Whole Lot of Nothing....

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Stuff it and Duff it......

I just placed an ad in a local "stuff it and duff it" classified paper called "The PennySaver".
(In other places it could be anything from "The Analizer" to "The Procrastinator", but here it's called "The PennySaver".)

Yesterday i contacted the PennySaver office to confirm that my ad would be running correctly.
The nice lady on the other side of the phone told me something that i found oddly ironic.

"Well you're going to find out tomorrow because our computers are down until tomorrow morning when a tech can come out to fix it."

The nice lady and I shared a good laugh for a moment after i explained to her why i had dropped the phone when she told me this.

It's kind of hard to hold onto it when you're laughing at the irony of life. I mean literally speaking here, I'm calling about my ad and the ad agency is telling me that it can't check my ad for computer services because the computer is broken......and a computer services guy has to fix it.

(I probably would have offered to come fix it, but i didn't have any time left in the day...doh!)

This morning i snagged a PennySaver's on the way out to work and discovered that my ad had three things going against it:
1.) It wasn't in the "Computer Services area", it was in "Computer sales".
2.) It looked tiny and squashed in between 5 different graphic advertisements offering sales and repairs (quite attractively too!).
3.) They put "at" instead of "@" on support@techweaver.net.


On the flip side of this:
1.) The Ad doesn't start with "Is your computer Broken?" or "I fix computers!"
2.) At least it's not in the "looking for work" section.
3.) The phone number is right at least.......


Before i was worried about too much work, now i'm worried about not enough.

You know what i've come to a conclusion on?




I worry too freaking much............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home