A Whole Lot of Nothing....

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Snack Addiction: Corn Nuts

Oh how sweetly addictive these little flavor packed, fried corn nibblets are!

As i recall, Nate was the one that got me hooked on these damn things! (Damn you for showing me the door to my own snack damnation! *shakes fist*)

Ever since my first taste of this divine concotion of fried corn and seasonings, i rarely have a day where i'm sitting at my desk that i don't think about their corny, crunchy, deep fried flavor. About the only time i can keep myself from thinking about these little snack nuggets is with a 12oz Steak sitting directly in front of me, fresh off the grill....... But seriously, how often do i get to order a 12 oz steak?!!!!

To add to the addcitive nature, the loud crunches you can achieve with these things are just soothing for the soul, and it's pretty fun to just sit there looking at a screen while making revertibrating crunch sounds.
Crunching while coding or watching TV? I'd rate it up there with popping bubble wrap, or making those funky slurping noises with your soda. (Only child...what can i say?)

Constance can confirm my addiciton, since we spent about 3 hours looking around Sams Club for a fricking bulk package of thsese suckers. (ALAS my search was in vain!).


Hak's Scale of Snacky Goodness: Fucking Awesome!

Word for the wise: When opening a bag of these things, keep them downwind from everyone. The moment anyone smells the deep fried corn scent, they'll be standing around you asking you what it is that you're eating with extended hands.
(Though it's pretty damn obvious from all the crunching noises you were making.)

My solution for this situation? I simply place a handfull of them into my mouth as i look at them, and then proceed to crunch merrily. Of course this is a fully acceptable excuse for not hearing anything since chewing more than 3 of these things together is enough to block out the sound of a freight truck barreling through the office.
To add to my belated ignorance: since i'm asian, i can smile while i'm chewing and claim that i wasn't able to see them either. (Nate is probably laughing his ass off at this right now.....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home